SEMH day schools
Cambian Tyldesley School
Leigh, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M29 8BS
Phone: 01942 877660
Meet the Team
Cambian Tyldesley School is an independent, DfE-registered, co-educational day school, providing specialist education for up to 13 students, aged 11 – 19 years. We support children and young people with a wide range of learning difficulties including those with behavioural, social, emotional, mental health and communication difficulties.
The school is non-denominational and has a secular ethos, but respects the cultural needs and religious beliefs of all. The School specialises in developing a culture of high expectation and achievement for all students where they are encouraged to enjoy learning, progress in their studies and exceed expectation.
Our aim is to make sure that our students continue to develop – academically, emotionally and socially and we aim to achieve this through:
- Providing a warm, enjoyable, stimulating and safe environment where every pupil is treated with respect and dignity.
- Supporting pupils in addressing their individual difficulties enabling them to becoming mature, independent and empathetic young people so they can make a positive contribution to society.
- Ensuring that our pupils’ needs are met through the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to enable all to reach their full academic potential.
- Developing pupils’ self-worth and encouraging respect for the ideas, attitude, values and feelings of others.
- Providing continual assessment and evaluation to monitor each child’s progress.
- Fostering self-respect, self-discipline and a sense of responsibility and concern for others
- Enabling pupils to understand and care for the community, environment and world we live in.
- Promoting close partnership with parents, carers, other professionals, the local people and other organisations.
- Promoting fundamental British values and celebrating cultural diversity.
If you would like to know more about our learning approach and the curriculum we offer please see our service brochures and polices.
Location of the school
The school is situated outside of Tyldesley town centre. With extensive transport links to our school, it is within a commutable distance to Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Rochdale, St Helens and Stockport.
Cambian Tyldesley School Governance Board
Termly Governance Board meetings are held at Cambian Tyldesley School to ensure that the management of the school is closely scrutinised and held to account in all areas of responsibility. The agenda comprises:
• Voice of the Child – student feedback
• Head Teachers Highlight Report outlining achievements and challenges and progress against school improvement report
• Outcomes for Children and Young People - Care
• Outcomes for Children and Young People - Education
• Outcomes for Children and Young People - Therapy
• Commercial Performance
• Staffing and Personnel
• Estates report
• IT report
Chair of the board is Anne Marie Carrie who is contactable on email@example.com
or Tel: 0208 735 6150.
The Governing Board contains key individuals from outside and within the school who attend this meeting each term and parental and staff feedback is welcomed.