Regional HR Advisor
The Cambian Group are now looking for a hardworking and passionate Regional Human Resource Advisor for the North West Region
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
The successful candidate would join a team that provides support and structure to the entire Cambian Group, meaning you will need to provide key traits like professionalism, impartiality, balanced Employee Relations (ER) advice and case management provision to our Group.
The team you will join aims to deliver a high quality service that clearly demonstrates added value to the Group and playing such a crucial part in the team you will be relied on to provide first class support to the Human Resources unit and Employee Relations Unit.
Candidates would need to hold a Full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle. This is an office based role with travel to support within the North West Region and ideally hold or be working towards CIPD level 5.
(Regional support with travel Includes: Across the North West, Lancashire, Warrington, North Wales, Shrewsbury)
Salary and Benefits
Here at The Cambian Group we value our employees and appreciate the commitment they give us, and in response we offer a competitive salary of £25,000.00 per annum.
25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays, increased with length of service
Free On-site parking
Cycle to Work Scheme
Long Service Award
Simply Health benefit after 2 years’ service which includes optical and dental
Cambian Extras, which include online discounts to shops, holidays, cinemas, gyms
The workload in this position is high volume, varied and fast paced, you will be supported by a Regional HRBP and head of HR.
Although this role will be based in our Stockport Regional office, travel will be required throughout the North West Region. You will have regular contact with Managers at all levels and will be focused on building strong and credible relationships with key internal stakeholders. You will be pragmatic and solutions focused with a balanced and highly ethical and impartial approach. You should be comfortable with challenging conversations. You will deliver all HR activity in a consistent manner, reflecting best practice and appropriately mitigating HR related risks promoting positive employee relations.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and current regional case log
- Organise meetings/booking venues and supporting with note taking
- Weekly regional case log reporting to, Regional Operations Director and HRBP
- Administration of letters invites/outcomes/disciplinary/investigation packs, filing and maintaining employee personnel folders
- Support the ER case manager on a daily basis
- Attend ER, HR and Operational meetings on occasion and where appropriate
- Provide adhoc support to the ER Investigation Managers and Regional HRBP
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- All roles will be expected to undertake any other appropriate duties as required by the Head of ER including providing cover for colleagues
The skills we expect from our staff:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work under own initiative and independently
- Ability to work to deadlines and on occasion under pressure
- Ability to take direction and work as part of a team
- Ability to work in partnership and liaise with other professionals
- Methodical approach, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Takes responsibility for own work
- Able to use judgement to know when to ask for help and guidance
- Resilient and able to work in an organisation that is undergoing change due to development and growth
- Appreciates and understands the need for confidentiality in dealing with all HR/ER and training issues
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities and Anti - Discriminatory Practice issues
- Understanding of HR legislation and processes
- Computer literate and proficient in use of MS Microsoft (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the service
- Must have a full, current driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Experience within the childcare sector would be highly advantageous.
Who are we?
We are the Cambian group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone. The better we work together, the more we can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too. Whether that is in terms of helping someone to achieve their personal potential or growing our reputation as provider of the best quality behavioural health services in the UK.
We already have 27 Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ Awards, join us and together we can achieve more.
Requirements for DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice.
Achieve your personal best at Cambian
Careers at Cambian are rewarding, challenging and satisfying. Join our team of passionate, caring professionals as we make a significant difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable children and young adults in the UK.
Everyone has a personal best. Together we can find it.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we'll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
We are one of the UK's largest providers of specialist education and behavioural health services for children. We care for almost 2,000 children and young people from over 200 locations across the UK, and employ more than 4,000 committed, caring people.