Senior Mental Health Nurse -Southlands School
Senior Mental Health Practitioner
Salary: Up to £42,500 pro rata
Part Time/Full Time: up to 40 hours per week
Location: Southlands School, Lymington
Would you like to be part of a rapidly developing service committed to improving the lives of children and young people and their families?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Southlands School, Lymington and we are now recruiting for a dedicated passionate individual to join our clinical team as the Senior Mental Health Practitioner. Southlands School is a 38-52-week residential educational provision for young people aged 7-19 with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and other associated difficulties. The school is part of Cambian Group, and is the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in children’s residential care, education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, working alongside a network of 7 schools and colleges in the south of England.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to work collaboratively within our existing Wellbeing Clinical Team. The team consists of Consultant Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist, Assistant Clinical Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Holistic therapist and School Nurse. The role will draw upon your existing knowledge of working with children and young people to support the mental health needs of our children through either direct or indirect therapeutic interventions.
Your skills and knowledge will be welcomed at Southlands to help support our Care and Education teams in supporting children with various mental health diagnosis through induction training, workshops, care planning, direct and indirect work, and working closely with the multidisciplinary team in delivering evidenced based interventions.
Therapeutic Assessment and Intervention Opportunities:
- Assess and deliver outcome focused, evidence-based interventions for children and young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
- Support and empower children, young people, and their parents/carers to make informed choices about the interventions being offered.
- Practice, evidence and demonstrate an ability to manage one’s own caseload in conjunction with the requirements of the team.
- Attend multi-disciplinary and multi- agency meetings relating to referrals or children and young people in treatment, where appropriate.
- Keep clear, professionally coherent records of all activity in line with service protocols and use these records and outcome data to inform decision making.
- Work within a collaborative approach involving a range of relevant others when indicated.
- Contribute to reports for young people’s progress at annual review and interim reviews.
The post holder must be confident, have good working knowledge in assessing and supporting acute and complex mental health needs of young people, be an autonomous practitioner, will have proven knowledge in risk assessment/management strategies and be an effective verbal and written communicator.
Cambian can consider flexible working patterns, part-time working.
We are looking for Registered Mental Health Nurse who has
- Minimal 3 years’ experience
- RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- Experience in CAMHS (community or in-patient services)
- Be patient centred and have a commitment to delivering high quality care
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent organisational capacity
- Effective communication skills
- Be autonomous in practice
- Providing consultation to groups
- Leading/teaching workshops to peers
- Managerial experience
- Working with young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder
In return we will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays - pro rata for part time
- Enhanced disclosure cost covered by Cambian
- Free onsite parking
- Free meals when on duty
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Achieve your personal best at Cambian
To apply, click Full Details under each job role for more information.
If you do not see a job that suits you on this page, contact our Recruitment Team here about other roles that might be available.
Careers at Cambian are rewarding, challenging and satisfying. Join our team of passionate, caring professionals as we make a significant difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable children and young adults in the UK.
Everyone has a personal best. Together we can find it.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we'll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
We are one of the UK's largest providers of specialist education and behavioural health services for children. We care for almost 2,000 children and young people from over 200 locations across the UK, and employ more than 4,000 committed, caring people.