Our specialist residential care services for children who have experienced sexual exploitation (CSE) aim at reducing risk factors through personalised therapies and education designed to build resilience, promotion of well-being and coping mechanisms to prevent future abuse.
We achieve this through the use of CBT, mindfulness, understanding of healthy relationships, anger management, sexual education, art therapy and relevant OT-led approaches such transitional support and functional skill building.
Our children benefit from an outstanding all-inclusive service comprising nurturing home environments and our own off-site DfE registered schools. As linked-up services driven by a collaborative and robust MDT, this promotes consistency in the delivery of individualised therapeutic care and education plans; enabling the children in our care to feel respected and safe to meet their developmental milestones.
Our team consists of Registered Regional Managers, Psychologists, Assistant Psychologists, Care Staff, Occupational Therapists, Art Therapists and Teaching Staff. As part of our commitment to seamless care, Cambian can offer relevant transition pathways for children who are ready to move on from. Our ultimate aim is to work towards a child returning home or transitioning to other residential services including independent living.
- 11-17 years, mixed gender
- Experienced sexual exploitation as a result of:
- Consent to survive (life threat, unmet basic human needs such as nourishment and shelter)
- Bullying: peer pressure, relative power and unhealthy relationships
- Community gangs with "street status"
- Money and gift incentives
- Trauma (neglect, domestic violence, physical harm, bereavement and sexual abuse)
- Challenging behaviours
- Attachment disorder
- Sexual disinhibition
- Emotionally unstable
- Low sense of safety and security
- History of placement breakdown