Cambian Scarborough School have been busy taking part in Mental Health Awareness Week 2017 doing all sorts of activities.
There has been a particular focus on “emotional wellbeing” as part of PSHE (personal, social, health and economic) studies for the whole of this term.
The KS2/3 pupils have been:
• Exploring feeling words
• Looking at faces which represent different expressions
• Matching words to faces
• Learning about how the body feels when a person is angry or relaxed
• Making a feeling faces collage
The KS4 pupils have been;
• Learning about common anxieties
• Learning about ways of managing theses anxieties
• Learning about support networks
Next week they have a volunteer coming in from the Alzheimer’s Society to deliver a one hour information session about ‘dementia’, where our young people will learn more about dementia and how they can help to create dementia-friendly communities. This session will also contribute towards the aims of the PSHE aspects of the national curriculum.
Well done everybody!