For general enquiries
Call 0161 507 3723
Ponderosa is registered a large home for 5 individuals who are Deaf with additional complex needs. Specialist equipment and facilities are provided to support the challenges faced with the sensory loss, such as; specialist fire systems, vibrating pads, access to internet connection for face time. This also includes a fully signing staff team and support to attend deaf events and integration into the deaf community.
Ponderosa currently consists of a team of 14 staff – of which, 2 staff members are profoundly deaf themselves. Our hearing staff have level 2 BSL qualifications.
The home will provide 24-hour support to all individuals, with a team of up to 5 staff per day (not including the Managers or additional 1:1 staff required). The home provides care tailored made to each individual. The home also works closely with other local organisations and services to offer a wide choice of activities, hobbies and other medical needs
How we Support
• Adopt a care management approach offering on-going assessment of needs, which informs the individual’s plan and facilitates delivery of an individual package of multi-agency services.
• Work collaboratively with other agencies to ensure that an individual’s holistic needs are addressed and each agency is contributing expertise and appropriate resources.
• Work to written agreements with parents and carers requiring them to contribute to their relative care plan and support the adult in maintaining their place within the family.
• Create an environment in the home, which facilitates maximum benefit to the individual from therapeutic interventions and treatment involving health professionals.
• Use research to inform practice and ensure that the most appropriate interventions are used to achieve the best possible outcomes for the individual.
• Promote a well trained staff team who have an awareness of Deaf culture, sign language and complex needs.
Ponderosa is a large home is on the edge of the Doncaster in the village of Moss. There is easy access to the local towns of Doncaster (10 miles) and Leeds (20 miles). The City of Exeter is about 16 miles away. The nearest main road is the A19 which is roughly 4 miles away from the home. There are links to local transport.