For general enquiries
Call 0161 507 3723
Clearbury is a registered home for 4 individuals who are Deaf with additional complex needs. Specialist equipment and facilities are provided to support the challenges faced with the sensory loss, such as; specialist fire systems, vibrating pads, access to a minicom and internet connection for FaceTime or Skype. This also includes a fully signing staff team and support to attend deaf events and integration into the deaf community.
The home provides 24 hour support to all individuals, with a team of up to 3 staff per day (not including the Managers or additional 1:1 staff required). The home provides care tailored made to each individual and works closely with our clinician assigned to the service, to ensure it is appropriate to meet needs. The home will also work closely with other local organisations and services to offer a wide choice of activities, hobbies and educational input.
Clearbury currently consists of a team of 8 staff – of which, 5 staff members are profoundly deaf themselves. Our hearing staff have level 2, 3 and 6 BSL qualifications.
How we Support
• Adopt a care management approach offering on-going assessment of needs, which informs the individual’s plan and facilitates delivery of an individual package of multi-agency services.
• Work collaboratively with other agencies to ensure that an individual’s holistic needs are addressed and each agency is contributing expertise and appropriate resources.
• Work to written agreements with parents and carers requiring them to contribute to their child’s care plan and support the young adult in maintaining their place within the family.
• Create an environment in the home, which facilitates maximum benefit to the individual from therapeutic interventions and treatment involving health professionals.
• Use research to inform practice and ensure that the most appropriate interventions are used to achieve the best possible outcomes for the individual.
• Promote a well trained staff team who have an awareness of Deaf culture, sign language and complex needs.
Clearbury is a large home is on the edge of the Blackdown Hills in the village of Burlescombe, Devon. There is easy access to the local towns of Taunton (10 miles) and Wellington (4 miles). The City of Exeter is about 16 miles away. The nearest main road is the A38 which is roughly a quarter of a mile away from the home. There are good links to local transport including buses and trains.