We help prepare students for working life and further learning - see how our curriculum and employability training is integrated
Currently in the UK, less than 6% of people with SEND make it into paid employment: our aim at Cambian Tyldesley School is to change this and ensure our learners have every opportunity available to them.
Our vision is to increase the opportunities our students have of finding post 16 learning college courses, apprenticeships and quality paid employment post-education opportunities. We ensure this by providing consistent, high quality careers education for all of our students – delivered in a meaningful and appropriate way for their needs and circumstances.
In order to support students to achieve their aspirations, careers education at Cambian Tyldesley School consists of the following five distinct strands:
• Vocational Employability sessions to support students with identifying their skills, interests and talents. This includes CV writing, interview techniques and job applications
• Work Related Learning opportunities which offer meaningful vocational experience on site
• A variety of Social Enterprise Activities
• Off Site Work Experience at local businesses, including job coaching to support students at placements
• Support, including from external agencies, with planning futures for our students