Safer Internet Day 2022 was celebrated on 8th February and this year the theme was ‘All fun and games? - Exploring respect and relationships online’
Safer Internet Day celebrates the young people’s role in creating a safer internet, whether that is whilst gaming and creating content or interacting with friends and peers.
Our young people celebrated the day by participating in a whole range of different activities;
- Private vs public - looking at the difference between a private account and a public account.
- Gaming - learning that personal information shouldn’t be shared online.
- Respectful gaming chat - In this activity, our young people looked at respectful things that we might say to someone online.
- Story time - was an opportunity to explore some educational stories that help young people understand how to stay safe online. A story called ‘Digi duck’s big decision ‘ provided a great way to learn all about friendship and responsibility.
- Making a banner - young people created a group banner to promote a safer internet!
The day was great fun and provided such a valuable opportunity for our young people to learn how to stay safe online!