Psychotherapist/Art Therapist/Family Therapist/RMN - Shrewsbury
Job: Mental Health Practitioner – Child Sexual Exploitation/Trauma Service
Salary: Up to £35,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Permanent: Full time/permanent
Location: Based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire region
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, forward thinking Mental Health Practitioner to join our friendly team. You will be working within an existing multi-disciplinary team, which consists of Mental Health Practitioners and Clinical Psychologists.
Working as a member of an integrated residential Children’s Service to support the emotional wellbeing, mental health and placement stability of looked after young people who have experienced significant adverse childhood experiences and exploitation.
Supporting our teams across residential homes, you’ll will be providing a combined clinical consultative and direct therapeutic service for Looked After young people placed in community residential settings. This includes assessing and identifying young people’s needs and meeting them through consultation, supervision and training for residential and care staff, care planning and management in partnership with the team as well as direct therapeutic work.
The Cambian Group, part of the CareTech family of companies, is one of the largest providers of specialist education and care services for children and young people in the UK, delivering across Special Education Schools and Colleges, Residential Care Homes and a Therapeutic Fostering Services.
To be successful within this role you will need to have experience in:
- Working with Looked After Children and young people presenting with a range of clinical severity and needs.
- Knowledge of theory and practice of therapeutic interventions with children and young people.
- Assessment, intervention and management of a range of mental health needs including trauma.
- Partnership working supporting agreed placement objectives, care planning and progression including regular clinical reporting and routine outcome measures
- Registered with the relevant professional (HCPC, NMC, SWE, BABCP)
- Mental Health background and/or CAMHS experience
- Relevant qualifications to allow you to offer children therapy, when required
- Be a strong team player, with excellent communication skills
- Have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
In return we offer:
- Full support from a multidisciplinary team
- Regular clinical supervision
- Meetings and peer support
- Development opportunities
- Internal/external training on new initiatives
You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession.
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care.
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.Apply
Achieve your personal best at Cambian
To apply, click Full Details under each job role for more information.
If you do not see a job that suits you on this page, contact our Recruitment Team here about other roles that might be available.
Careers at Cambian are rewarding, challenging and satisfying. Join our team of passionate, caring professionals as we make a significant difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable children and young adults in the UK.
Everyone has a personal best. Together we can find it.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we'll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
We are one of the UK's largest providers of specialist education and behavioural health services for children. We care for almost 2,000 children and young people from over 200 locations across the UK, and employ more than 4,000 committed, caring people.