School Nurse - Purbeck View School
Position: School Nurse/ Registered Nurse – RGN, RSCN
Location: Purbeck View School, Swanage, Dorset
Hours: School hour working options including term time working, will be reviewed per application
Salary: Up to £38,890 FTE (depending on experience)
Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a School Nurse/Registered Nurse with full time admin support.
Could you be what we are looking for? Do you enjoy working with children and young people? Do you have experience of working in a residential or education setting with Special Needs? Would you enjoy working in a busy school who are dedicated in improving the health needs of children and young people?
If so we would like to hear from you!
Purbeck View School is a 38 and 52 week mixed-gender residential school for students aged 7-19 with a diagnosis of autism, or whose difficulties place them on the autistic continuum. Day provision is available for students who live close by.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our onsite Multi-Disciplinary Team as a School Nurse working collaboratively with other registered professions including: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, and Art therapy and working alongside Education and Care staff to provide integrated care of the highest standard in a specialist mixed gender residential 38-52 week school, for students aged 7-19 on the Autistic Spectrum.
The school nurse is an integral part of the young person’s educational journey, ensuring that all aspects of their physical health needs are met to the highest standard, in collaboration with external General Practitioners, Paediatricians and other health care professionals. The role includes writing reports, attending reviews, implementing evidenced based care plans, medication management, delivery of workshops for best practices, face to face support and advocating for the students and liaising with families, professionals and Local Authorities.
Candidates for this position should be RGN/RLDN/RNC qualified with a current NMC PIN number.
- You should have a strong understanding of Asperger’s and Autism and have experience of working with these conditions.
- Working knowledge of physical health conditions, including Epilepsy, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis.
- Knowledge around Safeguarding and keeping others safe.
- Excellent understanding of safe and effective medication management within children’s homes/schools.
- Ability to communicate clearly to others using a variety of platforms including nonverbal communication
- Experience in working/promoting therapeutic relationships with children and Young People
- Working autonomously within a residential/ward environment.
- Experience of communicating clearly to others using a variety of platforms including nonverbal communication.
- Experience of engaging successfully with children or young adults (in particular those with special needs) in some capacity.
- Ability to be flexible with hours, required to assist with the effective quality of care in the school.
In return we offer:
- Full support from a multidisciplinary team
- Regular clinical supervision
- Developmental opportunities
- Research opportunities & support
- Internal/external training on new initiatives
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (with increments for length of service included)
Full induction training is given. You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like our young people you will be learning all the time through our ongoing mentoring and support.
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post and will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Achieve your personal best at Cambian
To apply, click Full Details under each job role for more information.
If you do not see a job that suits you on this page, contact our Recruitment Team here about other roles that might be available.
Careers at Cambian are rewarding, challenging and satisfying. Join our team of passionate, caring professionals as we make a significant difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable children and young adults in the UK.
Everyone has a personal best. Together we can find it.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we'll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
We are one of the UK's largest providers of specialist education and behavioural health services for children. We care for almost 2,000 children and young people from over 200 locations across the UK, and employ more than 4,000 committed, caring people.